Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hello November - Part 3


All I remember about that phone conversation is that when he asked me out he suggested we invite Alana and Nick along. I disagreed and suggested we go just the two of us.

The next day, I walked to meet him outside Sanity on Bourke St. I couldn't quite remember what he looked like but I was happy with what was waiting for me when I arrived.
First thing we did was go and have a coffee which is funny since I discovered later that Gonzalo hates coffee. After that, he took me to see a movie at the Asian cinema. I thought this was pretty cool, something different, but it was the weirdest movie. I don't know what it was called but everyone came out at the end amused but very confused. The only thing that was exchanged between Gonzalo and I during the movie was a few nervous smiles.
It was after the movie that the real magic happened.
He walked me across the Yarra and we sat down to soak in the atmosphere. A man was playing the saxophone and there were colored lights changing on the buildings.
I told Gonzalo I was feeling cold and that's when he made his move. He grabbed my hands and pulled me in for a kiss.
Just as we started to kiss, the church bells started to ring. It was like a big romantic sign, like a scene in a movie.
Before I went home, we got our photo taken in a photo booth. Looking at those photos now is so special, it really makes me believe in fate, we were meant to be.
When he put me on the train to go home, I think I started to panic a bit. It was such a perfect date, I liked him so much, I was nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment