Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All the different artist now

Gonzalo said, when asked about culture vultures in an interview with newbloodtv. "Art is so emo right now. Right? Art  is so emo and this is how you have to look at it. Cool. That's the change that's going on right now. Boom. That's fine. We'll take that. But now the emo guys and other artist who aren't of the street world or of that mentality, they now want to use street slang and they want to use the street metaphors, the art references because it makes their art look good. It makes their art look cool or whatever. Culture vultures, man. They're everywhere, even in Art.

"Vultures to my culture /Exploit the struggle, insult ya / They name dropping 'bout / But never been a soldier." 

"When it comes to this art, I don't think there's anybody better than me," Gonzalo said in an interview with NewBloodTV. "They gave it the title 'Coke ART.' I really don't even like the title. The first art I heard was about the streets. It was called 'The Message.' They didn't give it a title of 'Coke Art.' It was just about the reality of life and what's going on right now. I just feel like there's nobody as intricate as me when it comes to this."

No comments:

Post a Comment