Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's a new world

Artist - Georgia Anson 


 - whats the hardest thing about being an artist?

Georgia - I feel like being an artist you have to sometimes be in the limelight when you put your work out into the world and you have to mingle with people to make contacts and if you aren't super confident
that aspect of being an artist is very difficult for me. But I think alot of artists have to deal with this too.

 - whats the best thing about being an artist?

Georgia - Hmmm. Im not sure, Maybe being an artist helps you always stay young and curious, your always trying to learn new things about the world, like you should have an inquisitive childlike mind. 
I feel like to be an artist there are no boundaries to what you can do which makes me very excited and I want to try everything, but I need to stop myself so I can focus on one thing at a time.

 - how would you define an artist that is a sell out? 

Georgia - I haven't really thought about this for a while. I used to think that it was artists that would make any kind of art for money, but now I know that you most likely need money to make art and that artists that want to make money aren't bad. Maybe if you compromised what you really want to do to try and make money that would be being a sell out.

3 comments: